Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the potatoes with 1 tablespoonful of the oil. Sprinkle on the salt, the chili flakes, and the juice of 1 lime.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until softened through and browned on the outside. Flip the sweet potato cubes once or twice during baking to ensure even cooking.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, cook the beans. Heat 1/2 tablespoonful of oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the cumin and stir until fragrant. Add the beans and juice of 1 lime. Cook until heated through.
- Heat the tortillas in a hot skillet with just a touch of oil. Remove and serve with the sweet potatoes, beans, and fresh cilantro.
Vegetarian spinach wrap recipe
- 4 spinach tortilla wraps
- 1 scallion (green onion), chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 banana pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 6-8 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (any color), diced
- Few handfuls of baby lettuce & spinach
- Whipped herb goat cheese (recipe previously posted)
Spread whipped herb goat cheese evenly on four spinach tortillas. In the center of the wrap, pile all chopped ingredients. Fold two ends in, and then tightly roll. Slice the wrap in half on an angle.