- 2 warm, sturdy pitas
- 8-10 warm, freshly fried falafel
- 1/2 cup baba ganoush or hummus
- 1/2 cup tzatziki or thick Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup mixed baby greens
- 1 lemon
- 2 pickled banana peppers
- 4 pickled turnip spears
- Tahini sauce, for drizzling
- Hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Warm the pita bread in a low oven while you prepare the ingredients for the sandwich.
- Dress the baby greens with a just bit of lemon juice and light sprinkling of Kosher salt and set aside.
- When the pita are warmed through and pliable, remove from the oven and slice off the top third of each to create a pocket.
- Slather the inside of each pita with half of the baba ganoush, hummus or optional tzatziki and stuff the pocket with 4-5 of the warm falafel. Drizzle on a bit of tahini sauce/hot sauce and top with the dressed baby greens, carrot and cabbage.
- Finish each sandwich with a garnish of one pickled banana pepper and a couple of pickled turnip. Serve immediately with plenty of napkins.
Tagged as: Falafel Pita Vegetarian Food Recipes
Posted on April 15, 2012 at 5:29PM with 431 notes
- themoonandapin likes this
- healthyhotandfit reblogged this from tea-resa
- Show more notes